Blog Archive

WALTER BONAME, RIP. WISHING TON A SPEEDY AND FULL RECOVERY.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Doin' Munich In Style Part II - Ruth






...We also went on a huge ferris wheel and got to enjoy a SPECTACULAR view of Munich & Oktoberfest! Caroline and I went on a sweet ass super fast rollercoaster together. Then all of us but Jack went on this RIDICLOUSLY high swing ride that was AT LEAST 10 stories high!!! Seriously the fucker was HIGH and we were merely sitting in these tiny swing seats with our feet dangling down, strapped in with a loose seatbelt and held up by four small chains! I sat with Caroline because I knew it would ease my fear of heights. I am so glad I confronted my fear! If I hadn't I would have missed out on a completely unforgettable, thrilling-ass-crazy experience!!






We left Oktoberfest around 6pm and I trekked to the grocery to buy toilet paper and bananas while everyone else slept. I enjoyed strolling the streets of a forgeign land alone.




Around 8pm Jack and I went to the Hauptbahnhof to upgrade our Eurail ticket from a Saver to a Flexi so that we could wouldn't be tied down to a schedule for the rest of our trip, but unforunately the Eurail office was closed. We will go back Monday at 11am to change it and then we will take a train to Salzberg.

Saturday night we ate at an Italian restuarant in the University District. Aaron and Caroline ordered pizzas that were four times the size of their faces!




Today (Sunday) we took Aaron to the central station and had breakfast together before giving our farewells. I am so, so glad he came to Munch to see us! It was so great to see him and I love how Jack and Caroline could see what a great person is he and vice versa! Aaron told me he really liked Caroline and thought she was very cool. The other night he said Jack was "the fucking man" and that he totally admires him! I even saw them hugging at Kultfabric!!

After a short nap Sunday we met a friend of Michelle Estebon, named Michael, for lunch. We ate outside in downtown Munich at a wonderful restuarant called Medon.




Michael is very nice! It was great to get to know him! He spent the entire afternoon with us - we saw an Egyptian exhibit at a museum, walked through the Hof Gardten, saw the surfers again at the Englischer Garten and watched a brass band there. We saw two accordian players playing for money downtown and a very talented violinist at the Hof Garten. We ended the visit with a hearty meal at the Chinese Tower in the Englischer Gardten - Caroline ate two brats, I had a decliously seasoned chunk of beef and onions with seasoned potatoes, Jack had a huge pig knuckel (which I had some of and it was very good, tender, juicy, the whole 9), Michael had plums and a powdery, doughy dessert, and all three of them drank Radlers (Sprite and Pilsner mixed together).
















As soon as we got back, Jack and I started planning for this week's jaunt before Muelhaussen. Care, Jack, and I totally yucked it up tonight! I love how we all can enjoy and appreciate each other's sense of humor! Love, Love, Love them forever! I'm so thankful Aaron came. I'm so thankful Michael showed us around - he was a very informative tour guide and he even offered to take a day off work when we come back to Munich in a few weeks to drive us somewhere! So nice.

I am so thankful I have such a wonderful, beautiful, talented, smart, funny , warm, thoughtful, loving sister!! Seeing her has been beyond amazing!

And I am forever thankful to have such a wonderful companion to travel with! Jack is the best, most relaxed, flexible traveller I've ever seen. I love spending this time with him and I can't wait for more adventures to begin! He is simply incredible, innovative, tenacious, warm, loving, and thoughtful!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog