one of the many torture rooms in the terror museum
stalin, mr. happy friendly walk in the park. I'd like to learn more about what i'm saying here, but I did here that as horrible and insane the nazi campaigns were, the dictatorship of Stalin was even more murderous, and Mao even worse. I've heard numbers of 50 and 80 million murdered by them, respectively.
This carpeting is a map of the region, not quite actual size, but pretty big.
detail
This photo of a German soldier reminds me of my grandfather in World War I. I can't imagine the suffering that these soldiers endured, and the slaughter that they inflicted and suffered. The trenches between the Americans and the Germans were especially brutal, running for hundreds of miles, with soldiers from both sides endlessly ordered to take opposing trenches and then running out into machine gun fire, mowed down, and taking nothing. And then it was repeated through the whole war by both sides for a massive loss of life and very little change in the actual lines running north and south.
No comments:
Post a Comment