Glass Jack here.
(my friend Kevin O'Neill gave me that nickname after I got punched out at our bachelor/ette party. Glass Jaw/Glass Jack get it? I thought it was pretty funny...)
And yes, you are welcome to call me that. And anything else you find amusing... as long as I can give you one back...
Kicking it in Fort Meyers. Or Pine Island, actually. We're at a KOA campground, surrounded by usually cheerful retirees, waiting for the closings on the condos. I'm outside getting bit by mosquiters while I type this. Cash and Mickey have been to the beach twice in two days, running in the surf, chasing dreams.
Dreams of wet, bloody meat.
Actually, Mickey is more into chasing the birds, while Cash likes to catch coconuts. He's always the slow, helpless one. But we love him. He's been enjoying having a coconut thrown in the water, which he chases and tackles, and they go under and he bobs for them. If he's fortunate enough to be victorious, he then dismantles his prize on the beach after throwing it around a good bit. Clever man.
Ruth made chicken legs tonight, probably inspired by watching my chicken legs working out today. We went to the KOA gym, and actually had a pretty decent lil' workout, and had a swim in the pool and even soaked in their "hot tub." I think I know why it's called that. It was actually pretty hot and all.
What else? Mickey got loose while we were at the gym, and terrorized the place. He chewed through his rope he was tied with. Now he has a steel cable. It's about an inch in diameter. We'll see if he can break off of that one.
Talked to Javier today, and made a plan that he'd help me with the work on the condos. We have a plan, and I know he'll be great to work with. Good guy, hard worker and good eye for detail and good craftsmanship. This plan is really coming together. Hopefully Donna the Real Estate Agent will let us know of a closing in about a week, and then we'll bang that sucker out. I'm expecting 2 months, 2 weeks to finish both condos. It'll probably go faster, but don't rush me. We're going to be near the pool there, and with Javier there, I'm sure I'll find my way to some beer and maybe even taste whisky for the first time. I hear it's great. Then off to the Bahamas, or up to Michigan to finish the pumphouse and fix the bank and THEN off to the Bahamas. In the meantime, we're getting a plan together, learning what codes are, etc. I'm sure we'll learn a lot more once there that we can't till we get there. I'm incredibly excited though.
On the "social and political issues of the day" department, I was listening to the radio today while Ruth limped into the bathroom at the clubhouse, and these idiots were trying to get their listeners to believe that Obama was THE ANTICHRIST. Yeah, true story. I've always said that even though I don't believe in gods, I think there's a lot of good things that can and do come from religion. I'm glad I don't need to believe in them to see merit in those things (treating people decently, etc.), but if that helps people behave better or feel secure "God Bless 'Em," to borrow a phrase. I do think there's a MASSIVE amount of negative stuff that happens in the name of religion, maybe even most negative stuff. The rape of the earth was first. Now this. I wish I could meet the speaker so I could puke on him. Uggh.
I don't have much more news at the moment. We're going to go watch a movie on Netflix. Hopefully something heathenish. If you're a prayin' sort, pray for Ruth's paw to heal up. She's having a hard time being three-legged.
Hope you're all well, and love you much.
Jack
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super big hugs from Kzoo!
ReplyDeleteB & T