It's so crazy being here up north amidst the freezing cold, howling winds, and beautiful bright white snow - only to be sitting at the computer looking for places to stay while we hang out in Florida next month. I'm staring at pictures of the ocean, beaches, and the bright sun, all while the icy cold winds whip around outside...ahh this is exciting!
It's really nice up here though! Jack and I both wish we were able to stay up here a bit longer. The pumphouse is nice and cozy. It's spacious, warm, and incredibly comfortable! After a long day of enduring the harsh cold, trudging through snow that comes up to my knees, or driving through the slippery slush, it's sooooo nice to come back to this warm little hut, melt into the soft couch with a DVD and some homemade toaster-oven style pizza!
Jack really pimped this place up with the entertainment center and pantry shelves he made, the baseboard heater, and the phat ladder he built that stands sturdy, just like a staircase, leading up to the loft. (Ohhh the loft is soooo comfortable! I love sleeping up there! I love reading with the little lamps that cast a soothing glow about the room!) There's an endless list of incredible things Jack did to make this place so awesome! From the beautiful Brazilian Cherry wood floors he installed to the big ceiling fan that churns the warm air around the room; from the soft, dramatic lighting (including rope lights on dimmers!) to the new plumbing, insulation, and windows that make the place more fuctional. He is the man! I am so lucky to be able to enjoy such a nice place! I'm so grateful to Phyllis as well for letting us enjoy it! I can't wait until she sees the finished product!
Well now that I've got all that off my chest I can go back to looking for campgrounds and rentals in Florida. Happy January!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment