Blog Archive

WALTER BONAME, RIP. WISHING TON A SPEEDY AND FULL RECOVERY.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2008

YO,
Ruth and I are up at Stella Maris, at the resort here. I’ll get online and post this in a second, but I’ll just give another update. Nothing totally amazing to report, but just that it’s really, really pretty here, and as usual, people are very nice.
We’re going to get our engine looked at in the morning, so we’re staying the night, charging the batteries, and now, here at the hotel, there’s free internet. We bought a coke, just in case. Really nice though, to just stick out your thumb, and the second vehicle that drives by not only stops, but drives out of his way to take us here. Plus, it’s fun riding in the back of pickup trucks anyway.
Some things don’t change though. Unfortunately, since it’s St. Valentine’s Day Massacre Day, they’re jamming XM 23 “the romance” station on XM radio. Bette Midler (yeeechh), Air Supply (acccchhhhhh), and (gasp) Christopher Cross, and… and… Peter… (gag)… Cetera (sound of retching, splattering vomit, etc.) Sorry if that was too graphic. Rest assured, you had one moment of discomfort, simply so that you may more easily understand what I’m having to endure here, for literally MINUTES AT A TIME.
Happy St. Valentine’s Day Massacre Day, everybody. I have to get online now and look for a mercury manual to try to fix our alternator.

XOX
J

1 comment:

  1. Happy VD! Everyone needs a happy VD on Feb 14th!

    - ME

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog